Do what makes you happiest.


You can't go through life pleasing everyone else. 

I recently wrote a Motivational Monday post on living and living your life to the full. At the end of the day, it is your life and the decisions that you make on a day to day basis are not going to affect other people in the future. I know many people may be under pressure from parents or teachers to take a certain path in life to achieve a certain job but I believe that there is no 'path' to something. You create that path yourself and no, not everything is going to run smoothly and you are going to have to go on little diversions when obstacles get in the way but that's what happens. 

My new years resolution for 2014 was not to directly plan ahead. Obviously that can't always happened but I didn't want to put stress on myself creating direct routes knowing where I wanted to go when I leave school and then exactly what I want to do after that. I am a list maker. I sit in school assemblies and lectures making lists if there's nothing to do; I pull out a piece of scrap paper and make a list of what I need to do when I get home that evening or makeup looks I want to do to put in my portfolio but I try not to get to stressed if that list doesn't go to plan. I juggle things around and move a couple of items but that's fine and that's what has to be done. My phone is constantly full of to do lists. 

But when people ask me what I want to do once I leave for college and how long I plan to study there for, my answer is always 'I don't know, I'll go where the wind takes me" if you like. My current plan is to stay on for two and a half years to do a level two, three and four course but It might turn out that I have plenty of jobs coming in by level three. I just don't know. It isn't something I've planned. 

I feel as though sometimes you need to stand up for yourself and say that you are going to make your own decisions whether that is how you want to dress or the job you want to do, it's completely up to you and your own choice after all, no one knows you better than you. Whether it's pressure from parents, teachers, friends or the media, it's your choice and you have to do what makes you happiest. 

♥ 


No comments:

Post a Comment