Be who you are. | Motivational Monday #2

Being a teenager, I know that there is a lot of pressure put on you to 'dress perfectly', 'act perfectly' and to just fit in but is there such thing as  the perfect way to dress and to act? 


In Society there will always be a certain stereotype that you're expected to be and a certain path you are expected to take. I get looked down upon by my peers because I do not wish to attend university, I do not wish to go to 6th form and get A-levels either. I just simply want to go off to college and study a subject I enjoy for a few years but sometimes it is hard to fight your case on why the 'right path' isn't the path you wish to take. 

This is one of the quotes I have saved on my Ipad and will be printed out and hopefully put into my office/work area in the future as it is such a stand out quote for me. It reminds me that there is no need to follow the latest trends in topshop but instead to find your own trend and stick to that. If people give you strange looks well, they're clearly the sort who are stuck in a robotic trend follower bubble and do not know how to escape, and trust me, that is never a good place to be. Even the worlds greatest designers such as Coco Chanel and Yves saint Laurent started somewhere. 

Sometimes the person you are expected to be, whether it is your parents ideal or the person society expects you to be, isn't always necessarily the best person for you to be. Only you know what is right for you and if you don't know exactly what you want to do in the future or what your personal style is then experiment - yolo (Yes, I just said yolo but it is quite fitting.)




No comments:

Post a Comment