The Conjunctivitis Makeup Clear Out.

I have some explaining to do. I know I haven't posted a blog post recently, and I briefly mentioned the reason why in my last post which you can read here but I had conjunctivitis in both eyes which is horrible and you really don't want it. 

You may be wondering why I am writing this post and the reason is so that you know the symptoms, to explain where I have been and to talk about my makeup clear out which has recently happened as a result of this eye infection. 


Conjunctivitis is a common condition that causes redness and inflammation of the thin layer of tissue that covers the front of the eye (the conjunctiva).
                                                                                                       ~ NHS Choices

It caused my eyelid to really swell and my eye to be bright red and it wasn't pretty especially in the morning when you're eyes are stuck together and you can't see. It started in my left eye but quickly spread to the right leaving both of my eyes red and swollen. Conjunctivitis usually clears up after a week but mine was still swollen so I had to be put on another set of stronger drops and antibiotics which really sucked. It was 12 days before I could wear eye makeup again and I really missed wearing eyeshadow (sad I know). 

Some symptoms include eye redness and watering eyes. Mine also really itched and it's best to catch it quick so it's easily treated instead of waiting, hoping that it will go away.

So as a result of this, I was wearing my glasses for days as my vision was really blurry and I had to throw out a whole load of makeup. I threw away all of my old mascara as this could have been the cause of it and also all of my mascara I had used in the week leading up to it which were these three. I used the two on the left the day I got it in my left eye and the Benefit roller lash the night before I got it in my right eye (I was seeing if it would look ok with makeup on just one eye). I then had to buy Surgical spirit from boots (Also known as rubbing alcohol or just Alcohol spray) to sanitise all of my eyeshadow palettes and had to deep clean all of my brushes again even though they had only been cleaned the night before I got it. I wasn't taking any risks!

So moral of the story: throw away your mascaras when you should instead of hoarding them. It isn't worth the risk. 

Anyway, I know this probably wasn't the most interesting of posts but I just wanted to update you all and I can now go back to swatching makeup on my face and taking photos for my blog! I promise I will post more frequently from now on to make up for it and post all of the ones I had scheduled in my calendar but had to cancel! 

Speak to you soon!

♥ 


No comments:

Post a Comment