FOTD | December 2013

Whenever I'm stuck on what makeup I am going to wear, I lean towards this look at the moment. It's quite a natural makeup look but has a small pop of colour on the eyes and pink on the lips.

 
I have also incorporated some of my favourite makeup products of the moment into this post so expect to see some of these products in an upcoming post (sneaky peaky).
 
The first few items of makeup, which I forgot to take pictures of (I'm sorry!) are some of my base makeup items.
 
My first item that I can not live with out has got to be the Collection lasting perfection concealer which I absolutely love at the moment. It has such a high coverage and lasts ages but I wont ramble on about it as I'm sure you will of already heard a lot about it from other makeup 'addicts'.
 
The second thing in my FOTD is my newish Bourjois healthy mix foundation which I also really like. I picked this up not too long ago from boots when I had seen this foundation talked about quite a lot, all reviews had very high ratings so I picked this up as quick as I could.
 
I also love the very popular rimmel stay matte powder and the maybelline dream sun bronzer just to stop myself from looking ill as I get very pale during winter.
 
MAC blush in 'melba' | available here
 
On my cheeks, I have been wearing my MAC blush in Melba as its such a gorgeous, natural colour and just perfect for any season. I get so much wear out of this blush as it just goes with any makeup look so in my opinion, it's definitely worth the price tag.

Naked basics palette | available here
 
I had to include my lovely naked basics palette in a blog post some how. I love this palette and once again, it's quite a talked about product. With five gorgeous matte shade and one shimmer shade which is perfect for highlighting, it is my go to palette of the moment.

I use walk of shame (w.o.s) all over my lid as a base shade and then naked 2 in my crease to give definition and also to blend.

Jack Wills eyeshadow in 'wine'
 
I use this colour all over the lid as a subtle cranberry sparkle and blend up using 'naked 2' and 'w.o.s'. Its such a gorgeous colour and quite a recent purchase of mine as I'm looking for the perfect cranberry/wine colour and I do really like it but sadly its not very pigmented which in some ways, is a good thing for my more natural days.
 

MAC lipstick in 'chatterbox' | available here

 
I'm still absolutely in love with this colour even though it's probably more of a spring and summer shade. I try and use it as much as possible because its so gorgeous and adds a perfect pop of colour on the lips.

 
Swatches from left to right: Lipstick in 'chatterbox' ~ Naked basics palette: faint, Naked 2, w.o.s, foxy ~ Blush in 'melba'
 
I hope you have enjoyed reading this FOTD and I'll try and update my blog more regularly during the holidays, However I'm very busy between now and Christmas so if I don't speak to you before, Merry Christmas!
 
Speak to you soon,
Aimee xx


No comments:

Post a Comment