Being Ordinary is Boring.


I've said it before and I'll say it again. I refuse to follow the crowds a lot of the time. I'm not going to have an ordinary job and dress in a ordinary fashion, not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just not for me. I don't want to look the same as the person sitting next to me on the tube or act how the woman does who is walking to her office job. I want to be noticed. 

At my school, we have pretty strict rules: One pair of studs in each lobe. No jewellery unless it's a watch. Subtle makeup. Black socks, blazer on, sleeves mustn't be rolled up and to be honest I stick to that... well most of the time (except the rule about blazers, piercings, jewellery, makeup and sleeves.) but I'm not a rebel. Apart from not really agreeing with the rules, my attendance and work is pretty good so I have to design what I'm like in a different way, even if it's not always noticeable to the people around me. I wear lipstick, have my helix pierced, act childish around my friends because I don't revise 24/7. All not a big deal but define me when rules are put in place.

You don't even need to act or look different. Just do something different. Even if you like cross-country running or ballet dancing, that's different and that's you. If you like wearing Dr. Martens but they aren't the 'trend' right now. It doesn't matter, that's you. Don't ever stop being the person you are because its not what is 'socially acceptable'. Things that are currently 'socially acceptable' now won't be in 10 years time, in one years time, in a months time or in a weeks time. You will still be you and don't stop being you because you are you and no one else can change that. Don't forget who you really are.

♥ 



No comments:

Post a Comment