New Piercing?

Unless you follow me on twitter, you probably wouldn't know that I recently got a new piercing. I had my helix pierced in a tattoo and piercers in Leicester called KAZBAH which, if you live in that area and want a new piercing, I would highly recommend you go there as the people are lovely and there's so many pieces of jewellery to stare at whilst you wait (oh the little things...)


This was my first 'proper' piercing which was done with a needle. I know a needle sounds scary if you have never had something like this done before but it's really not that bad, trust me. I normally have quite a low pain threshold but it didn't hurt too much. I've heard a lot about how if you have any part of your cartilage pierced with a gun, it could shatter it so it really isn't worth the risk. 

On the pain scale, I would probably rate it about a four, but I have no other piercings to compare it to so that may not be of much help.

I wasn't going to lie on this post and tell you that everything went fine after and it started healing absolutely perfectly with no pain at all because that would be a lie. But don't let it put you off, the piercing afterwards is absolutely worth it and is definitely my current favourite. 

The pain once we left the shop wasn't too bad and definitely not unbearable. I put my hair up after so it wouldn't catch and dealt with the small amount of discomfort like what would happen if you had cut yourself, a bit of redness and slightly warm but nothing major. By the next day, it was sore and began to get red which wasn't unexpected. Then started to swell and was still sore. It took three days after for the pain to go and maybe six or seven for the swelling, I did even attempt a bag of frozen peas. However, it is now fine and I'm obsessed with it. It's healing perfectly!

Sterling silver ear cuff | Body Jewellery Shop *
Rose gold plated ear cuff | Body Jewellery Shop *

Body Jewellery shop kindly sent me these amazing ear cuffs which will be perfect in my new piercing once it has healed so I am really looking forward to that moment! Their jewellery is super cheap so definitely worth checking it out for anything from normal lobe piercings to stretching tapers so is perfect for all your ear piercing wishes!

Is there any piercings you want? Or any jewellery you have your eye on from Body Jewellery shop? Or any tips to heal helix piercings? I'd love to know!

♥ 


No comments:

Post a Comment