Sneak Peak into my Office


Today, I thought I would show you a sneak peak of my desk/office area. It is still not finished as I still need to find alternatives for some pieces of furniture but I am now happy with my little space and spend many hours in here writing blogposts, editing photos, relaxing and taking pictures!

All post cards from Paperchase except the one in the top left which is from Paris.

I have one wall, which you will see a little bit of in a minute, full of post cards and had to extend my collection putting them above my desk as I just kept finding so many that I loved and I plan to continue finding little postcard gems. I love them because they inject a little bit of colour and you can buy so many different ones that you wouldn't think would work together but look so nice next to each other and make me smile everytime I see them. 


Usually I would hide my pens away but these have the brightly coloured lids and just add another little dash of colour to one side of my desk. Its a cheap way of adding decoration that is practical and also makes them easy to reach for. They are the only pens I have on my desk but I do have an Ikea trolley behind me which holds other pens and highlighters that I need to reach for quickly. 


The post-it notes are there to remind me to mark pages in my revision guides but also add another little bit of colour alongside and bright pink flamingo candle which was only £1.50 from Primark recently. Things don't have to be expensive to add colour and decoration.


So this is what is directly behind me giving you another peak of my post card collection. I keep my Revision cards in the small Victoria Secret bag to disguise them so they look prettier but still making them easy to reach for and I store my pens in a cute mug and and Ikea candle holder.

I've utilised many cheap items or even freebies to make my office a nice, calming space for me to work and revise. I don't have a desk in my bedroom as I try to keep my room a work free area so I can go to it in the evening and enter a stress free environment which isn't associated with deadlines and essays to write. 

Colour is always associated with happiness and seeing as my bedroom is quite neutral in colour, I wanted to make my office a bright and inviting space which may not be for everyone but I really like it and love coming here everyday.

♥ 


No comments:

Post a Comment